Our personal care services assist in daily activities designed to allow our consumers to move forward with their lives in the convenience and comfort of their home.
Office Locations Providing Personal Care ServicesWashington, DC
Personal Care is an option for those who need assistance to make their daily lives easier. This type of home care is carried out by licensed home health aides.
Find your location and get started with our personal care services.
Refer a Caregiver
At Open Systems Healthcare, our goal is to not just be another agency, but to act as a real partner for you and your care. We establish this close relationship by having a strong team that is:
- Committed to Your Care Experience: Every OSH employee, from our caregivers to the teams in our branches, shares the goal of empowering you to live life on your own terms.
- Rigorous Caregiver Screening: Our caregivers undergo challenging interviews and background checks to ensure you’re receiving care from the absolute best in the field.
- Prioritizing Compliance: We adhere to the highest standards of healthcare compliance and we conduct our own rigid internal audits regularly. Your safety and privacy are of the utmost importance to us.
- Professional and Personal: At OSH, our offices aren’t franchises and you’ll never speak to a call center. You’ll always speak to someone who understands your case and is available to you 24/7.
No one is more dedicated to helping you live life on your own terms than OSH. Our private caregiver team follows the directive of “Do things the right way.” That means you’ll always talk to a person who understands you and your unique case when you call our office. Our caregivers are the most skilled, compassionate professionals available to help you. Every decision we make is based on your input and preferences — we are here for you, and your involvement every step of the way is critical.
With personal care services, caregivers assist in Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) and Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADLs). Activities of Daily Living include any tasks that are needed for the client to live their life comfortably. These include any tasks associated with mobility, toileting and bathing, personal hygiene, and feeding. Likewise, Instrumental Activities of Daily Living are specific activities related to the lifestyle of a client. These include housekeeping, transportation, and meal preparation. It’s important to understand that personal care is not only limited to these tasks, but can also include other duties such as administering medications and providing companionship.
Personal care is built around your unique case and individual routine. Each care professional is trained to follow your desired schedule, deliver tasks in such a way that respects your boundaries and maintains your dignity, and follows procedures in a safe and compliant manner. Your care plan is ultimately tailored to your preferences and matched with a care professional that is compatible with you and your family. Throughout the entire process, our goal is to not be another agency but a real partner that puts you in control of your care.
Individuals can benefit from personal care for short-term or long-term periods based on their health situation. Short-term personal care is often useful in cases of recovering from surgeries or injuries, or other acute conditions that last for a short amount of time. In other instances, the need for personal care develops progressively. How can you tell if you or a loved one needs home care assistance? See below for some common signs and see our full blog article here for more information:
- Increasing confusion or feeling forgetful
- Mixing up or forgetting to take medications
- Missing appointments and plans
- Struggling to pay bills, buy food, run common errands
- Expressing less interest in things they usually enjoy
- Feeling lonely, depressed, or withdrawing from social situations
- Having less energy
- Struggling with walking, standing, eating, dressing, and keeping up hygiene
- Experiencing changes in diet or eating habits
- Struggling to clean and care for their household
- Needing complex or cumbersome medical equipment
- Falling more often or bruising easily
At OSH, we strive to do things differently than the competition. One key area where we truly stand out is in delivery of care. Your home care services needs are essential, so our internal processes help you find the right primary caregiver for you, faster. Our admission process can take as little as 24 hours from the time of initial contact.
At OSH, we believe your input and decisions are essential parts of owning your care here. We’ll provide you with a range of caregivers to choose from, and you can be as active as you would like in selecting your private caregiver. Our team can also make recommendations based on your preferences and care requirements. OSH’s challenging interviews and background checks ensure the screening process is thorough. We also verify all credentials and stay up-to-date on documentation to take away any stress and responsibilities you might incur if you hired a care provider directly.
Sometimes the cold and flu season strikes, or vacation time rolls around. Rest assured that we will send a replacement caregiver for those days — one who has the same skills and qualifications, and who also shares a private caregiver style you’re used to in your home.
We work with State Plan and EPD (Elderly and Persons Disabilities) waivers. We also take Private pay. We work with individuals who are in a DSNP program through United Healthcare, and I have to find out what the programs are called again for Amerihealth and MedStar MCO’s.
We are experts at understanding Medicaid, Medicare and various health insurance plans — if you have a question about which private caregiver waivers you are qualified to receive, call us directly at 1-855-616-2662. We’ll walk you through the process.
OSH handles all the payroll and tax requirements for all caregivers.