In accordance with title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and its implementing regulation, the Agency will not, directly or through contractual arrangements discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, religious creed, disability or any other category protected under law, in its admissions or its provision of services and benefits, including assignments of transfers or referrals to or from the Agency. Staff privileges (if appropriate) are granted without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, religious creed, disability or any other category protected under law.
In accordance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and its implementing regulation, the Agency will not directly or through contractual arrangements, discriminate on the basis of disability in admission, access, treatment or employment. The Agency Administrator will serve as the section 504 Coordinator.
In accordance with the Age Discrimination Act 1975 and its implementing regulation, the Agency will not directly or through contractual or other arrangements, discriminate on the basis of age in the provision of services, unless age is a factor necessary to normal operations or the achievement of any statutory objective.
- On admission the Agency Representative provides the patient/family a written copy and orally reviews the Agency Non-Discrimination Policy.
- The client is notified in writing of the person they are to notify at the Agency if a problem or concern occurs.
- All patients and staff are informed upon admission/orientation that complaints of discrimination may be filed with the Office of Equal Opportunity, Pennsylvania Department of Health, and/or the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission.
- The client’s signature on the Consent form and Non-Discrimination Policy indicate the receipt and review of this information.
- Reasonable accommodations will be made for disabled employees.