When your child needs special care, our home care services are delivered with high standards of excellence and professionalism to make your child feel safe, confident, and supported.
Nurses, Certified Nursing Assistants, and Home Health Aides make up our clinical team, while our West Palm Beach location also offers Physical and Occupational Therapists. We communicate with your child’s doctors, educate your family, and act as liaisons and advocates in the community environment.
Our services (based on location) offer:
- Pediatric Skilled Nursing
- Home Health Aides
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
Our services are provided on a shift schedule and are based on the doctor’s orders and your child’s care requirements. Our team is with you at every step – managing appointments, equipment, and connecting your child to the best care professionals and services that will benefit their long-term success. We love to see children grow over time in our care.
Find your location and get started with our pediatric nursing services.
Refer a Caregiver
At Open Systems Healthcare, our goal is to not just be another agency, but to act as a real partner for you and your child’s care. We establish this close relationship by having a strong team that is:
- Committed to Your Care Experience: Every OSH employee, from our caregivers to the teams in our branches, shares the goal of empowering your child to live life on their own terms.
- Rigorous Caregiver Screening: Our caregivers undergo challenging interviews and background checks to ensure your child is receiving care from the absolute best in the field.
- Prioritizing Compliance: We adhere to the highest standards of healthcare compliance and we conduct our own rigid internal audits regularly. Your child’s safety and privacy are of the utmost importance to us.
- Professional and Personal: At OSH, our offices aren’t franchises and you’ll never speak to a call center. You’ll always speak to someone who understands your child’s case and is available to you 24/7.
Our Pediatric Nursing services are held to exceptional care and compliance standards. Specifically, our Pediatric Nursing services use three major areas as our ‘North Star’ to exceeding expectations and guaranteeing client satisfaction:
- Team-Based Approach: Our skilled nurses work with your primary care physician and home care provider to deliver your child’s care as a team. While our Pediatric Nursing services are available to Florida residents, we’ll work with your primary care physician wherever he or she may reside. Your physician will be highly involved with your child’s care.
- Exceptional Service: At OSH, there is nothing more important to every member of our team than providing your child with quality, top-notch service. We will go above and beyond – both in our office and with our caregivers and nurses – to ensure your child is receiving the highest quality care.
- Strong Relationships: Finding the right private duty nurse is one of the most important steps of the process. Your OSH team will work with you to find the best match for your child’s specific needs. Our focus is on building strong, lasting relationships with you and your child – both for your nurse and with our entire office.
Our RNs or LPNs assist with patients requiring medical services and perform basic nursing care in addition to attending to specific medical needs in the patient’s care plan. Examples of medical services include:
- Wound care
- Cardiac and post-op care
- In-home infusion/IV
- Indwelling catheter care
- Medication management
- Patient teaching
Although there are many factors that go into assigning start of care, our office’s Administrative and Clinical Staff will always provide open, transparent communication. As part of the process, we coordinate with your primary care and specialty physicians (when applicable) as well as assign appropriate staff to fit your child’s case. This can happen in as little as 24 hours, but may also take weeks depending on the level of care and safety of putting those services in place.
At OSH, it is a priority for all staff to meet and greet with any patient prior to the start of care. We believe your input and decisions are essential parts of owning your child’s care here. We’ll provide you with a range of caregivers to choose from, and you can be as active as you would like in selecting your private caregiver. Our team can also make recommendations based on your preferences and your child’s care requirements. OSH’s challenging interviews and background checks ensure the screening process is thorough. We also verify all credentials and stay up-to-date on documentation to take away any stress and responsibilities you might incur if you hired a care provider directly.
Schedules vary depending on the hours that have been prescribed by a doctor, approved by the insurance company, and in coordination with each family.
Each nurse is screened by our Human Resource Coordinator, as well as our Recruiters and Clinical Staff. They must pass a clinical competency exam, provide adequate health screenings and professional references, as well as have a valid nursing license. Nurses are also screened in our skills lab before coming to your home.
Yes. Our nurses must pass the required state background screenings before coming to your home.
During the screening and orientation process, all nurses are tested in our comprehensive skills lab. Nurses must pass the skills lab in order to provide care for your child.
We communicate with you any time there is a schedule change. Additionally, you will have access to our online portal to review your schedule at any time. We will always discuss with you which form of communication you prefer; call, text, email etc. We also send a monthly schedule to you for review.
Our team is accessible anytime at our on-call line. There is always someone from OSH available to assist you, and you’ll never speak with a call center. You can reach our West Palm Beach office at (561) 515-3050 and our Philadelphia Home Health office at (484) 439-4546.
OSH prides itself on compliance. We are state and federally licensed and have achieved the highest accreditation available to home health organizations.
Open Systems Healthcare established our Home Health services in Florida in 2014.
Our goal is to provide your child with a care team that is consistent. We schedule our nurses to work permanent cases. If a nurse is no longer available for your child’s case, we work to find a permanent replacement.
Give us a call and we will walk you through the process. We have staff on hand who are trained to handle transitions and would be happy to begin working with you.
We are experts at understanding Medicaid, Medicare and various health insurance plans — if you have a question about which private caregiver waivers your child is qualified to receive, call us directly at 1-855-616-2662. We’ll walk you through the process.
OSH handles all the payroll and tax requirements for all caregivers.